Friday, 8 August 2014

Goodbyes in the hill town

Try to imagine the wonderful combination of a former temple
musician, a neighbor with about zero hearing, a daughter
learning guitar, a loving mother, and a son who likes to
show off his 5 styles of self-taught Kung-fu. What can't you
learn on Youtube these days?
This is the family and some neighbors whom I was blessed to join every week for prayer meetings. As I got started in language studies this was a time for me to hear worship, scripture and prayer in Hindi. The time grew rich and deep when I spent time with these folks outside of the meeting. In time, I wasn’t just listening to them worship, but I got to worship WITH them. I certainly didn’t understand every need we brought up in prayer, but they were shared needs.

I can only try and tell you how much fun they are. I never expected my time with them to grow from a weekly task to a highpoint of the week. I had fellowship with other westerners, but the encouragement found in this household was as sweet as it was unexpected.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment