I was sitting in a barber chair waiting for my friend to get a haircut. The second barber asked if I wanted a head massage. I definitely didn't go in there looking for a massage, but after three offers I decided I might as well go for it.
So the guy starts poking and pressing and rubbing my temples and hairline. Not too bad. Once he moved off my head, the internal monologue started.
"Oh ok, I guess my neck could use a massage, shoulders too.
Wait, Ok, we're doing the back now, lower back. I guess he's going the extra mile.
Arm massage? I think this is just a full arm Indian-rug-burn, but ok.
Now the hands? This is good, just more hand holding than I expected.
Whew. That wasn't so bad. Wait, he's getting tools out? What are those?"
It was hard to not laugh at times. The machine he used just vibrated on top of my head (as pictured above). Overall it was worth the laugh of getting into something I didn't expect. And for 50 rupees (85 cents USD) I might do it again.
So the guy starts poking and pressing and rubbing my temples and hairline. Not too bad. Once he moved off my head, the internal monologue started.
"Oh ok, I guess my neck could use a massage, shoulders too.
Wait, Ok, we're doing the back now, lower back. I guess he's going the extra mile.
Arm massage? I think this is just a full arm Indian-rug-burn, but ok.
Now the hands? This is good, just more hand holding than I expected.
Whew. That wasn't so bad. Wait, he's getting tools out? What are those?"
It was hard to not laugh at times. The machine he used just vibrated on top of my head (as pictured above). Overall it was worth the laugh of getting into something I didn't expect. And for 50 rupees (85 cents USD) I might do it again.
The internal monologue is great. Sounds like the time I went in for an eyebrow wax and had my eyes covered with a hot towel and then lip gloss from who know's where put on my lips. I looked around for that lip gloss after and couldn't find it anywhere... I paid more than 85 cents.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you and the others are doing well!